Sunday, September 12, 2010

A good football weekend!

This weekend, football wise, started for me on Saturday when THE Iowa Hawks slaughtered the Iowa State cyclones. I watched the game in Davenport, Ia with fellow coaches in Chili's. The Hawks won 35-7. That victory really just set the tone for the weekend as the Dutch played in Rock Island, Ill. against Augustana College. We (Central) won 28-23, in what might have been one of the ugliest victories I've been apart of, we won despite 5 turnovers and a safety. But, what was sweet was that was the second victory for my two college teams. When we got back, I had to capture and code the film so the players and coaches can watch it online. For those of you that don't know what coding film is; every play that takes place in the game, we code: Down, distance, formation, gain, run/pass, blitz #, back set, play result, coverage, defense formation, etc. IT SUCKS in other words. Well, I was in the coaches office accomplishing this task and others until 3 A.M. Well, 'round 11, i decided to wake up again and gather myself to a chair in my room, check my fantasy team and sloth all Sunday watching football. (glorious). I watched the Bears defeat the Lions in what should have been a loss. But, chalk one up for the Bears in the "W" column! haha. Calvin Johnson of the Lions, caught a TD pass with :34 seconds left in the game and it was called incomplete b/c of some dumb NFL rule about holding the ball through the play. So..BEARS WIN! haha. Then, like my normal self, I pushed homework due Monday until the sun has gone down and continue to procrastinate now.
This whole time, Alex has been in Minnesota playing soccer since Friday about noon. Can't wait to see her at our 8 AM class we have together, It'll be the first time in 3 days. Her being away was probably the one downside to the weekend. Her campaign in Minnesota left her soccer team 0-2 after the weekend, but she did mention a bright side being the team going to the Mall of America (surprise, surprise). haha


This catch, is what won/lost the game for the Bears/Lions.


Dutch offensive huddle at Augustana






No comments:

Post a Comment