Thursday, September 9, 2010

Busy Weekend

This past Saturday, my parents drove to Pella to watch me Student Coach as the Dutch beat Wisconsin Osh Kosh 34-28. But that's extremely normal for my parents to come to a home football game, what made it different was immediately following, My parents and I walked over to Central's soccer field to watch Alex play against Milikin. It was fun. My parents and Alex and her mom went my football game, then my parents, Alex's parents and myself went over to the soccer game. It was a long but nice 5 1/2 hours of college sports. Then the Kleis' invited my familt over for flank steak sandwiches and hanging out. It was a ton of fun. Things are really clicking with me and Alex and it was cool to see my parents talk with and hang with Alex's parents like they've known each other for years.

Then on Sunday, Alex and I drove to DSM to celebrate my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary which was piggybacked by my Great Aunt Sherri and Great Uncle Steve's 40th wedding anniversary. It was a ton of fun, we had cake and homemade ice cream and a good meal in the fellowship hall of my Grandpa Bolsem's church, where he is the preacher. It was all the family together as my uncle and his girlfriend Julie were there along with my sisters and their husbands. It was good to see my nephew Jack again, he's really growing. Ashley and Ryan live in Witchita, but make the drive more often then they probably prefer, so I've gotten to see Jack a decent amount of times since he was born. But overall it was a busy weekend with a lot of family time, but well worth the awkward conversations and pictures. Here are a few from the weekend.




Us grandkids with our significant others along with the oldies. And Jack.


This would be me coaching up my boy, Kyle Wood.

Alex playing soccer against Milikin. #7 for the special people.





1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you put a family picture on your side bar that doesn't have Jack in it! Just kidding...but seriously?

    ReplyDelete